Search Engine Optimization is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results of a search engine results pages (SERPs). In this article, let us discuss some Joomla SEO tips, to enable your website get more organic traffic.
What is Joomla?
Joomla is an open source, content management solution that enables to build powerful online applications. It is easy and extendable features have made Joomla popular website software.
Content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content in your website. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents etc. A major advantage of using Content Management System is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage.
Some of the tips offered for Joomla SEO are discussed below:
• Using social media to build your audiences: Social media is becoming a huge influence on your search results. Joomla SEO offers insights on effective utilization of social media to generate more SEO traffic.
• Quality Content: Quality content is the most important aspect of SEO; informative, fresh and high quality content helps in ranking a site. Since there is no sales person on your site, the text is the sales person. It needs to answer questions and arouse appeal towards the products and services. Writing in a conversational tone, as a person, rather than a company sales representative would add more value for your content. One of the important Joomla SEO tips is to use effective content to promote their client’s products and services.
• Keyword Research and Target Audience: Another Joomla SEO tip suggests to do research on keywords and the target audience. Although, this is an old strategy of SEO, this is makes the SEO campaign very effective.
• Splitting Articles Into Several Pages: If you write an article about a lengthy topic, it may deal with many sub topics. Splitting the article into many sub topics in separate pages will add more clarity to the reader. Google decides what content is about on a page-to-page basis, this means every page should focus on a single topic. Pages with a list of tips work better as a single page, even if very long.
• Keyword Analysis: Selection and implementation of keywords is the most important feature of any SEO website. Keywords are analyzed based on the following considerations:
What would you expect people to type in the search engines to find your site?
If you were looking for your product what would you type?
What are the solutions offered by your product or service?
Optimizing a Joomla site requires asking questions, developing a plan of action and executing that plan as per client requirements.
This article was written by Mark Greatbatch, on behalf of Joomla SEO Help, offering SEO services. To know more about online marketing, please visit http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-best-tips-for-e-business-marketing.htm